Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vienna - Mostly Mozart

A relatively short entry -

Friday night when I got back from the ballet, there was an English movie on the TV about the life of Mozart. It wasn’t a documentary-style movie but more of a Hollywood rendition, regardless, it really peeked my interested about Mozart. I never knew he was regarded as so childish with a crazy giggle and first played for the Empress in the Schoenbrunn Palace (which I got to actually go visit that exact room he played in when he got his start – I will talk more about that in the next entry) when he was SIX years old! He was already a music prodigy at age 6! Why didn’t I know this?

Anyway, this movie succeeded at peeking my interest enough to wake up on Saturday morning and head straight to Mozart’s house here in Vienna. I knew it was close to the St. Stephan’s Cathedral but I didn’t realize that I walked right by it until I purposely went looking for it on the map. So I went to Mozart’s Home here in Vienna, which is preserved now like a museum. What an awesome experience to really have history brought to life like that!

*Note: this is not Mozart's House - but it's one of the gazillion stores in Vienna that serve to please the Mozart fanatic. Like most museums, I was not able to use my camera inside Mozart's house.

No comments: