Saturday, August 9, 2008

Biking with Cars - Part 2 - The Ballsy Bum

If you read my last post, you know that I was recently hit by a car while riding my bike. Shitty deal all around really but overall I feel lucky because it could have easily been a lot worse. Now that a few days have passed it's time to look back and laugh at some rather humorous things that went down throughout the whole ordeal. Over the next few days I will be writing about the funnies of the whole situation.

Today we start with The Brave Bum...

I was sitting in the back of the police car chatting with the good looking officer while filling out my official statement etc... My bicycle was leaning up against a tree right outside of the car within plain view to us both. There was no lock on the bike but I figured nobody was going to try to steal it while a police car is parked right in front of it. All of a sudden this less than good looking man (he wore stinky and dirty quite well actually), who I could only assume was a bum, came to the front passenger window of the cop's car and tapped on the window. The police officer reluctantly opened the window slightly to let the guy's head peer in. His words made my eyes widen.

The bum said: "Hey if you're here about that bike over there (and pointed to my baby leaning up against the tree in front of us), then it's cool, don't worry. I figure I'll save you the trouble. That's my buddie's bike. I saw him riding it this morning. I'm going to take it out of your way and bring it over to my buddy... I was watching it for him."
The officer's face twisted and he bit his lip and said: "oh is that right?"
The bum said: "Yea yea, it's cool don't worry. I'm going to get it out of your way now ok?"
The officer: "Hey man what did your buddy look like?"
The bum: "UUhhh he's a native american guy..."
The officer: Pointing to me and my wide eyes and huge grin by now in the back seat says "Does he look like this young lady in the back seat?"
The bum sticks his head somewhat in the car to look at me in the back nods (cause by now I guess he realized defeat in the matter) and then proceeds to walk away.
The officer yells: "Man! You better get lost quick!"

I had to stop writing for a minute when that happened cause both the officer and I were laughing too hard at the whole thing. This freakin bum was going to try to steal my bike not 5 minutes after I put it up against that tree and got in the car! AMAZING. Talk about balls.
I gotta say... Toronto has some colorful people in its' streets! LMAO

No comments: