Friday, August 22, 2008

Panama - Now that I don't live there...

Last week I went to Panama for a week of balancing work and pleasure, which is normally the case when I find myself in that country. This time around I had my best girl Ja with me as well as my Marketing Assistant Kat. Ja had her own reasons for being there. Kat on the other hand, I brought her there for work. Now those of you who know me know that I love what I do in every sense of the word so work is pleasure for me (some may think it's sad, but I think it's bliss). I am a work-a-haulic but I truly don't mind...especially when it entails trips to Panama with some REALLY cool people, like my best girl and my amazing marketing guru.

After many delays in airports, we made it down on a Wednesday night, pretty late. We were staying in a cute little hotel called Hotel Ejecutivo (Executive Hotel), which is not only close to everything we needed (work, bars, shopping etc..) but they have one of my favorite 24hour breakfast menus in the city. After dropping our things in our room we both decided we needed a drink so we went to the bar for a glass of wine and met up with some colleagues who came out for a drink.

The rest of the trip went something like this:
Work, work, more work, Party, party and more party.....eat tacos...sleep for a few hours....back to work....a little shopping...party, party and more party.

I saw so many good friends who I've missed along the way (thanks all you guys who came out with us for some good times!) but I also missed a few good ones who for whatever their reasons had to raincheck me. It's all good though... I'll be back and they know it.

So highlights of the trip:
  • Discovering just how well Katrina and Janel got along - never a dull moment with either of those girls.
  • Singing... so much drunkin singing outloud...in bars, strip clubs and retaurants...too funny.
  • A day at Gamboa - Best Brunch EVER....Crocodiles and monkeys and birds...oh my!
  • "Im Canadian, in Panama" - and cantiplatin nat waarin a braa...
  • YaggerBombs!
  • In the strip club...paying absolutely no attention to the strippers.
  • Meeting Ja's best man.
  • Eating Ceviche...oh how i missed you...
  • Visiting Casco Viejo
  • Ja, Kat, DimeBag, Antonio, Monica, Lucho, Nari, Osvaldo, Teddie, Jake, Rob, Al, Gena, Michael, Pancho, Bama, Scotty, (sorry if I missed anyone) - you all rock!
In a way I really like visiting there now because not living there means that I take nothing for granted. These days I actually take the time to do touristy things... I love Panama.

xoxo

No comments: